Main content starts here.

Futamata Castle Ruins

Built in 1503 by Futamata Masanaga, a retainer of the Imagawa family. As this place on the Tenryu River was strategically important, there were many battles between the Takeda and the Tokugawa armies here, and the water attack of Futamata Castle by the Takeda army is well known. The castle was eventually controlled by the Tokugawa army, and abandoned in 1590 when the master of the castle Okubo Tadayo moved to a fief in Odawara. Extant are the 4.5m-high stone base of the castle keep, and the stone walls and earthworks. The Tenryu River seen from the keep is a lovely sight.

Basic Information

Name

Futamata Castle Ruins

Postal Code

431-3314

Address

Futamata Futamata-cho Tenryu-ku Hamamatsu City

Parking

Parking

Available

Large Bus Parking

Not available

Remarks

Small-size cars5car

Equipment and Service in Facilities

Pets

Not allowed

Toilet Facilities

Not allowed

Free Wi-Fi

Not available

Eating & Drinking

Not available

Transportation

If coming by the Tokai Shinkansen:

Hamamatsu Station
(Route) Take the bus bound for Futamata/Yamahigashi from Nishi-Kajima Station, Enshu Railway and get off at the ”Tobayama Koen Iriguchi” bus stop.

If driving (Tomei Expressway):

Hamamatsu IC
(Route) 35 min by car

Location Map

Click icons spots related to the map.

List of nearby spots

 

 

HOME > Futamata Castle Ruins